Tuesday 29 January 2013

Alhamdulillah

I don't know why, but walking along the beach today and looking out, straight out into the sea made me realise, that there is so much to be grateful for, Alhamdulillah. Why was it that this view made me feel deeply in this way? All I know was that the sight of the waves crashing in, the colour of the water, the vast amount of water that seems never ending, a view that was so simple yet so beautiful made me realise how complicated I make my life. And if I made it simple it could be just as beautiful.
Being grateful is just the start of simplicity. Realising what you have instead of what you don't have, makes life so much more easier. For example, I am living in a place where the streets are pretty ugly and dirty however just nearby is the coast, this beautiful and amazing sea and its because of this that I am so grateful that Allah brought me here, that out of so many people He chose me to have this experience that others would die for. And its because of this that I wouldn't want to be any where else in the world. For sure I wouldn't feel like this if I was too busy thinking about the rubbish on the street and the unpredictable semi-aggressive people. Every individual has a turmoil in their life. This turmoil is like the ugly dirty streets, but walking out of the street not far off is the bigger picture (the sea). Feeling grateful for what you have doesn't make the turmoil dissapear, but it somehow makes life liveable, it makes it beautiful.
Think about what you have, Take a deep breath in, and breath out saying Alhamdulillah and smile :)


 
Alexandria, Egypt Jan 2013

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful idea beautifully expressed !! :)

    ReplyDelete